SOLAS VGM Method 2 – How it works in South Africa
With the SOLAS VGM deadline looming, more and more people are starting to get nervous about the whole issue in general and SOLAS VGM Method 2 in particular..
If you have been living underwater for the past few years and not aware of what SOLAS VGM Method 2 is all about, don’t worry, have a look at this article before you proceed further..
The questions I have been receiving from many readers in relation to Method 2 are :
- Will the 3rd party assessors VERIFY THE WEIGHT or VERIFY THE PROCESS OF WEIGHING
- Why must the shipper be accredited
- Can the packing station do the actual weighing or is the shipper expected to do it
- Should the shipper and packing station both be accredited
- If the shipper doesn’t want to be accredited since the packing warehouse is, can he still
be shown as the shipper on the BL
I discussed these questions about SOLAS VGM Method 2 and how it will work in South Africa, with Christopher John Walden ofSupply Chain Compliance Services(SCCS), who are one of the 3rd party assessors in South Africa appointed by SAMSA..
Click here to read his guest post covering all above questions and more..
Published on : 2016-11-08